Rules and policies are in place to make sure your child remains safe and well at school.
Visit the NSW Department of Education’s policy library for all current operational policies.
Our school uses the department's School Community Charter to ensure all of our communication is collaborative and respectful.
Attendance and absences
Students must attend school regularly so they can achieve their educational best and increase their career and life options.
In NSW, all children from the age of 6 are legally required to attend school or be registered for home schooling through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). All students must complete Year 10, or its equivalent and remain in school, employment or training until they turn 17.
For more information about compulsory school attendance, visit:
School frameworks (school rules)
As well as following the department’s operational policies, we have developed frameworks for our students in line with our school’s values and commitments.
- Our Computer Usage Policy Agreement (PDF 153KB) outlines the school's expectations for all students using computer and internet technology at school and away from school.
- Bullying of Students - Prevention and Response
- Anti Bullying Plan 2023
- Out of Area Enrolments
- Local Area Enrolments
- Non Australian Citizens Enrolments
- Kindergarten Enrolments
- Part Time Enrolments
- Shared Enrolments
- Distance Education Enrolments
- Student Transfer
- Working With Children Check
- Protecting and Supporting Children
- Creative Arts
- Science and Technology
- Personal Development Health Physical Education (PDHPE)
- Specific Learning Requirements
- Assessment and Reporting
- Release from Face to Face (RFF)
- Curriculum and Programming
- Programming at Dalmeny PS
- Gifted and Talented
- Social Media